Our practice is committed to providing you and your family with safe, gentle, high quality dental care. We understand that you, or your child, may feel anxious about visiting the dentist. We are sensitive to your needs, and it is our goal to make you feel comfortable visiting our practice while providing the best care possible.
Your first visit is all about you – your comfort, your happiness, and your health.
During your first visit, we will:
- Review your dental and medical history forms.
- Take X-rays of your teeth and mouth.
- Check your teeth and gums for any cavities or early signs of tooth decay or gingivitis
- Comprehensive exam including oral cancer screening, periodontal exam and charting, exam the health of your teeth and condition of any current restorations, address any cosmetic concerns you may have.
- If there are no signs of periodontal disease, we will clean and polish your teeth and offer oral hygiene advice or instruction as needed.
After your checkup and teeth cleaning are complete, the doctor will meet with you to discuss your X-rays, help you create your own individual treatment plan, and answer any questions that you may have.
Regular checkups are an important part of maintaining a healthy smile!
The American Dental Association recommends visiting your dentist every six months for regular checkups and routine teeth cleanings to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
We understand that you have a busy schedule, so when you're preparing to visit our office for your new patient appointment for an exam and cleaning, please remember that this initial appointment is scheduled for 1 1/2 hours.